- QUALITY AND FLAVOR: Crunchy, Savory Single-Ingredient dog treats made in a USDA human-grade facility in Nebraska. Pig strips are great for small dogs or training treats for larger dogs
- JOINT SUPPORT: Our pig ear strip dog treats are super high in Collagen, Glucosamine and Chondroitin.
- SAFER THAN RAWHIDE: Our pig ears strips have the same chewing satisfaction as rawhide, but are more natural and easier to digest.
- CLEANS TEETH: Our pig ear strip natural dog treats stimulate gums and removes tarter buildup, naturally giving your dog a whiter smile.
- NOTHING ARTIFICIAL: Our pig ear strip dog chews are maple-smoked, then slow-roasted in their own juices without any use of harmful nitrates.
BECAUSE WE BELIEVE EVERY DOG DESERVES A FOREVER HOME…
WHY SUPPORT SANCHO & LOLA’S CLOSET?
- We are a family-owned & operated company in North Texas that specializes in dog products because plain and simple, we love dogs.
- We have a genuine passion for helping dog rescues but we also help dogs in crisis with no official rescue behind them.
- We are committed to offering single or limited ingredient dog chews that will NOT cause inflammation in your beloved pet.
- We are committed to creating awareness: GMO wheat & corn, soybean oil, thickeners like Carrageenan, synthetic preservatives like BHA and BHT, bone meal (MBM), artificial flavorings and colors are all known to cause inflammation or cancer in dogs.
- Though our chews & treats go through strict 3rd party testing, they get the most testing at our home in Texas by Sancho and Lola.
- Our company strives to develop relationships with ranchers who are known for the humane and respectful treatment of their animals.
OUR PREMIUM LINE OF DOG PRODUCTS INCLUDE:
- USA Whole Pig Ears & Pig Ear Slivers
- USA Whole Cow Ears
- USA 6″ Bully Sticks, Standard, Thick, Steer
- USA 12″ Bully Sticks, Standard,Thick, Steer
- USA Elk Tendons & USA Elk Jerky, great for dogs with allergies
- Custom Squeaky Squirrel Dog Toys & Pheasant Dog Toys
- Quality Non-USA Dog Chews that meet our strict safety requirements
Sancho & Lola are two German Pointers who were found in bleak conditions. Our mission is to give back to rescue communities so that other abandoned dogs can find their forever homes too. Since 2015, our little boutique brand from Texas has donated $18,000 to canine rescues all across the country.
Howdy, I am the founder of Sancho & Lola’s Closet. When I adopted Sancho in 2011, he suffered from severe anxiety. He was chewing up everything in our home – from shoes to comforters to yoga mats. I provided him with what many busy dog parents used back then… compressed rawhides. In 2013, he had to have surgery for an abscess caused by a puncture from a sharp piece of rawhide that was imbedded in his cheek. Thus began my quest for a safer alternative. I discovered a host of natural dog chews, but unfortunately, a lot of products I found failed to meet my expectations for quality and consistency.
I was studying Functional Medicine to heal a debilitating joint condition that doctors told me would never heal without surgery. I was a lifelong runner who was already living with a failed knee surgery. I felt there had to be a holistic solution to my problem and I was determined to find it. It took 4 years, but through alternative therapies and eating clean, I was able to say ‘good riddance’ to the braces I used for my knees and wrists.
I was appalled to learn that the low-fat, high-grain diet I bought into in the 90’s was causing inflammation in my gut and contributing to my joint pain. I was furious to see a lot of these same ingredients in Sancho’s food and treats. I was determined to give him the best chance of aging without pain so I put Sancho on a non-inflammatory diet too.
When I adopted Lola and found out she had damage to her lungs from heartworms, I became even more obsessed with feeding my dogs single or limited ingredients. I knew there had to be others like myself who want to know they are providing treats and chews that their dog’s digestive systems will recognize as real food–GMO grains look nothing like grains our ancestors grew up with, that is why so many people and pets are allergic to them.
In 2015, I started building a loyal following of customers who place a high value on our brand because:
- They know we are genuine people who love dogs, not a corporation that has to answer to stockholders.
- They trust we will not use marketing gimmicks that insult their intelligence.
- They know we are committed to helping rescues and dogs found in crisis conditions.
- They know we listen to suggestions and adapt to their needs as best we can.
- They trust our commitment to only buy from manufacturers with strict safety measures in place.
Thanks for reading our story,
Lynette, Founder, Devotee of Weston A. Price
Sancho & Lola, CEOs
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Are pig ears safe to give puppies? Yes. They are fully digestible, so they make a better treat for puppies than rawhide to satisfy their need to chew. But introduce slowly to avoid tummy upset.
- Can your pig strips give my dog loose stools? Yes, just like changing your dog’s food can. Some dogs have more sensitive digestive systems than others. Introduce slowly and try adding canned pumpkin, ground flax seeds or plain yogurt/kefir to their diet which can aid in digestion and firm up stools.
- My dog has allergies to fillers like corn and wheat – do your pig ear strips contain any known allergens? No. Our pig ears are single ingredient 100% pork, nothing else. As long as your dog can tolerate pork, he should not have any issues related to cheap, genetically modified grain or soy fillers.
- I noticed part of a tattoo on an ear strip – is this safe to give my dog? Yes, in the USA, ranchers are required to use ‘food grade’ tattoos for cattle since ink can leak into their bloodstream and into the muscle meat destined for human consumption.
- Pig strips seem to be oily. I am worried they will stain my furniture, do you have any other alternatives for indoor chews that will not leave a mess? Yes, try our cow ears. They are not as oily since they are baked, not roasted like our pig ears.
Meet our CEOs
Texas GSP Rescue Alum adopted in 2011. He developed PTSD at the hands of his previous owner who made sure he was beat-down body and soul. When we brought him home, he would hide in his crate and tremble. We did not hear a peep out of him for 5 months-no whimpers, no barks. After 6 years of unconditional love, he has learned to trust again and gets more confident every day. He has mastered his favorite pastime-hunting and barking at squirrels. He faces any challenge like a champ: TPLO surgery for a torn cruciate ligament and his lifelong battle with skin cancer have not slowed him down.
Texas GSP Rescue Alum adopted in 2014. She was found infested with heartworms and so malnourished, you could see every bone in her body. After going through the toxic heartworm removal protocol 3 times, Lola finally tested negative, but her heart and lungs were filled with scar tissue. She will always have a hard time breathing in the heat. Again, a human failed this innocent creature on multiple levels–worst of all neglecting to give her love and attention. Rest assured she is the center of attention now. Her favorite pastime is being on top of whoever will hold her. She is basically a 45lb lap-kitty.
“There is a closet where everything dog-related is kept…treats, shampoo, towels, nail clippers etc go into what we call “Sancho & Lola’s Closet.”